The LDP will steer development within Llangollen and the whole of Denbighshire over the next 15 years. This is an important chance for you to influence how that development takes place.
A number of sites in Llangollen have been submitted as ‘Candidate Sites’ for development. Here is a guide to the sites…
Llangollen Youth Club Site site
Site ref: CS-03E-170
Some thoughts on the youth club playing field site;
- This land is a vital resource for the youth club, kids, adults, families and sports teams.
- This green space should be retained as a playing field to support the health and well-being of Llangollen residents.
- Increased vehicle traffic.
- Increased demand on local services.
Site Name: Land off Maesmawr Road, Llangollen – Option 1
Site Ref: CS-03E-107
Site Name: Land off Maesmawr Road, Llangollen – Option 2
Site ref: CS-03E-108
Site Name: Maesmawr Road, adjacent to Tyn Y Wern, Llangollen
Site Ref: CS-03E-077
Some thoughts that apply to all 3 of the Maesmawr road sites;
- The site is large and so development would significantly alter the character of the town, and local services would struggle to cope.
- Employment within the town cannot support a site of this size, meaning increased commuting out of the town.
- The site is on the edge of town, and would pushing out the development boundary.
- The site has poor transport links. Birch Hill is a narrow and already busy road and would form the main access to amenities from the site.
- The site is too far out of the centre of town for Active Travel to be realistic.
- Development of the site would have significant negative visual impact on the valley.
- Development of the site would mean that the valley would lose important agricultural land, reducing potential for the agricultural industry.
Have your say
To have your say either…
Click here to visit the council’s consultation page. This contains lots of background information and a link to the consultation form.
Complete the Consultation Response Form and return it by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or
posting it to: Strategic Planning and Housing, Denbighshire County Council, PO Box 62,Ruthin, LL15 9AZ
The deadline for submissions is 30th August 2019.